Can you tell the difference between artificial snow and the real thing? An informative video explains the structure of a snowflake crystal, both real and artificial. It finishes with a discussion of the chemistry related to salting icy walkways or laying down kitty litter to keep people safe in bad weather.
- Have pupils attempt to draw a three-dimensional snowflake as the narrator describes its structure
- Ask learners to keep a list of life hacks for managing snow in the video lesson
- Experience with snow-related weather is helpful
- Uses three-dimensional imaging to provide a reference to the crystalline structure
- Narrator shows excitement for the topic, which increases engagement