Nature inspiring technology isn't new, but butterflies inspiring new nanotechnology excites everyone. As part of a larger playlist, an engaging video explains how we see color and the relationship with both magnetic and electric fields. It then presents the future of security and the replacement for holograms using nanotechnology.
- Research other iridescent animals in nature
- Experiment with soap bubbles and color
- Assumes prior knowledge of holograms and security features in currency
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Requires very little class time
- Provides closed captioning in four languages for visual learners
- Connects current research to future technology