This How to Make a Seashell - Just Add Water! video also includes:
Shell-building animals are resourceful creatures! An interesting video lesson describes how they use calcium and carbonate ions in the ocean to form their shells. The process is dependent on the equilibrium of calcium and carbonate ion concentrations.
- If living in an ocean region, collect samples at different depths to analyze
- Use calcium carbonate crystals to build makeshift shells
- Requires at least a basic understanding of ionic molecules to fully understand the concept
- Uses graphs to show how concentrations of molecules affect each other
- Incorporates amusing puns to add humor to the lesson