This How to Detect a Supernova video also includes:
While a star explodes every second or so in the observable universe, we can't observe a supernova in its first moments. Discover the fascinating science behind how astronomers and physicists are attempting to detect supernovas early with SNEWS (Supernova Early Warning System).
- As an extension assignment, have learners research the extent of the SNEWS project and the progress it has made to this day
- Learners should have a general understanding of stars and basic astronomy before viewing this video
- Specifically reviews white dwarfs and red giants, as well as photons and neutrinos
- Graphics and animations clearly illustrate scientific principles
- Customized discussion and assessment questions provided by publisher