That's the way the ball bounces ... or does it? An episode of a physics playlist examines the behavior of different types of balls when kicked. Learners experience the magnus effect as they watch while one ball curves to the right as the other curves to the left with the same type of kick!
- Pair with referenced resources for further exploration of the concepts
- Pause the video after the demonstration to ask and answer clarifying questions
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if assigning for independent viewing
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes subtitles in several languages
- Uses a subject of interest to many pupils