This How to Create a “Found Poem” activity & project also includes:
Writers compose an original found poem by searching for words that inspire them. Words are taken from everyday conversation, books, cut from magazines, the mail, or an already written poem.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Instead of assigning the writing portion for homework, assign the last portion during English language arts period
- Send a letter home asking families to donate magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Browse material prior to handing it out to ensure that it is appropriate for participants to look through
- The time it takes to complete the activity varies depending on how class members collect their words
- Each style is explained in detail
- The activity enhances creativity and writing skills
- Includes a picture of the multicolored index cards mentioned in the first writing format
- An example is not included