This How the Body Uses Fat interactive also includes:
Not all fat is bad—eating good fats actually helps with weight loss. Learn how the body uses fat through a 27-slide presentation that breaks down the path fat takes from entering to exiting the body. Understanding why fat is helpful and necessary changes many people's perspectives about this crucial energy source.
- Have pupils track how much fat they eat in an average day and compare it to the recommended amount
- Assign students to draw a diagram of the path fat takes through the body, combining each of the slides presented
- Assumes prior knowledge of the human digestive system and process
- Applies to real-life applications
- Links biology, nutrition, and chemistry