There's nothing regular about them—irregular verbs turn out to be the most common verbs in the English language. Through an analysis of data, learners discover that Zipf's Law describes the patterns of word usage.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create an interdisciplinary lesson with the English department to analyze the structure of the verbs
- Builds on an understanding of verb tense
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- Analyzes the shape of the data to make conclusions
- Provides a link to another video on a similar topic to increase understanding