Somewhere over the rainbow ... the sky appears to be darker than below it? Why is that? A video from an interesting physics playlist illustrates the interaction between the visible spectrum and droplets of rain. It also doubles the learning by explaining the double rainbow phenomenon!
- Make the video the opener for a lesson about the visible spectrum
- Find pictures of unusual rainbow formations and challenge learners to explain how they formed
- Make sure the class is familiar with the electromagnetic spectrum prior to viewing
- The resource is brief and to the point
- Explains each portion of the phenomenon clearly through words and diagrams