How did Mendelian genetics change the way we view science? Facilitate a lecture as learners view a short video segment that describes the correct use of a Punnett square. They follow the video by completing practice problems to further understand the concepts of genetics.
- Have learners brainstorm two creatures and provide details for these creatures; ask them to use Punnet squares to predict the traits that would likely occur should the two creatures reproduce
- Provide assistance for any learners who are visually or hearing impaired
- Allow ESL/ELL learners ample time to understand the concepts before moving forward with the activity
- Short video segment provides ample opportunity to use as an integration piece for a lecture on Mendelian genetics
- Detailed graphics fully explain the procedure and provide a step-by-step method to help learners understand the objectives
- Does not contain assessments or sample problems to complete once video is finished