This How Neolithic Farmers Increased Their Standard of Living activity & project also includes:
How do people improve their economic situations? While many learners may not consider questions about how many crops to grow in ancient times were economic decisions, a hands-on activity encourages individuals to make these connections. After reading about specialization of labor, pupils experience the economic decisions made on a daily basis in a neolithic village using a simulated trade activity.
- Use the PowerPoint for direct instruction on the Neolithic era or economic concepts
- Ask the class to consider how decisions about survival were economic questions in the prehistoric era
- Second of 23 Middle School World History lessons from the Council for Economic Education
- Complete set of materials, including PowerPoint and simulation, are ready to use in the classroom
- Engaging simulation and discussion questions encourage students to think critically about economic issues
- Lesson plans do not have much background on the Neolithic Era