In the past century, the global temperature has climbed 10 times faster than the average rate of Ice Age recovery warming. The fifth video in a series of seven on factors that affect climate change discusses just how much global warming has occurred. It includes excellent examples of the positive feedback cycle in science.
- Graph global temperatures from 1900 to the present
- Research the current predictions for future global warming
- Relies on prior knowledge of greenhouse gases, energy, and carbon dioxide
- Comments are turned off, so teachers do not need to worry about inappropriate content
- Short length helps maintain student attention