The solar system is more than 4.5 billion years old. What we know about the age of space bodies is thanks to the moon rocks collected over 50 years ago. An episode of the SciShow Space series breaks down the concept of relative dating to show how scientists determine the age of bodies in space.
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the lesson
- Have learners use the links to further investigate the idea of relative dating
- Builds from an understanding of components of the solar system
- Interesting presentation that keeps viewers' attention
- Includes explanations of evidence to support the scientific claims