This How Many Triangles? lesson plan also includes:
Something for young mathematicians to remember: the sum of any two sides must be greater than the third. Class members investigates the Triangle Inequality Theorem to find the relationship between the sides of a triangle. At the same time, they collect data to develop the relationship between the sizes of the angles of a triangle and the lengths of its sides.
- Use geometry software to create triangles that can be manipulated to find the range of possible lengths of a third side
- Class members should know the sum of the angles of a triangle is 180
- Requires the use of pipe cleaners or narrow strips of paper that are a foot in length
- Contains a variety of assessment questions and tasks
- Includes strategies for differentiation