On average, your heart beats about 100,000 times a day. The narrator of this short video discusses how important the heart has been across cultures, from mummification to its relationship in love. He then discusses the heart rate and the billion beat hypothesis.
- Great video to show around Valentine's Day
- Video fits in a unit on human body systems
- If assigning in a flipped classroom, be sure everyone has access to the Internet at home
- At the end of the video, there is a quick summary of another video, about kissing, which will engage learners
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- High-quality video
- Engaging content for learners going through puberty