Could there really be over 200 billion galaxies? It turns out the number may be closer to two trillion galaxies! A video presentation discusses the existence of galaxies in the universe. The narrator explains how scientists make their estimates and why the number is ever changing.
- Ask learners to record notes on the progression of the theory on the number of galaxies
- Have pupils defend each theory on the number of galaxies using evidence from the video and provided resources
- Expects a basic understanding of the function of infrared telescopes
- One part of a larger SciShow Space series
- Provides actual telescope images to support the data
- Includes reference to additional videos for further learning