This How Long Will You Live? video also includes:
Cells only divide a specific number of times before they die at the end of the division cycle. This molecular clock is the culprit of aging. A video explores the concept with a trip to New York to discuss the phenomenon with a leading scientist in the field.
- Incorporate as an introduction to a unit on cell division
- Ask groups to choose a scientific aspect of aging to research and present to the class
- Expects a basic understanding of the purpose of cell division
- Uses humor to add interest to the presentation
- Includes links to additional resources on the concept