This How Dry am I? Exploring Biomimicry and Nanotechnology lesson plan also includes:
Help your classes feel like they can walk on water! An engaging inquiry-based lesson has young scholars experiment with different surface coatings. They make observations about their properties and how they relate to the surface tension of water. Finally, the lab-based conclusions connect to natural materials—and learners discover the likelihood of being able to walk on water.
- Create a graphic organizer pupils can add to their notes to compare and contrast leaf structure
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Review safety precautions for handling materials during the lab activity
- Allows learners to explore the concept through a hands-on activity
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson