Microwave, steam, bake, or just eat them raw—what is the best way to preserve the nutrients in the vegetables we eat? The episode of the ACS Reactions series considers different cooking methods and their effects on the vitamins and minerals within the vegetables. The narrator explains how water extracts important nutrients during the cooking process.
- Have pupils list cooking practices discussed in the video in order of healthiest to least healthy
- Review the minerals and nutrients found in different vegetables
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- Contains background information to help pupils understand the importance of vegetable nutrients
- Compares and contrasts different cooking methods