You can catch more fruit flies with vinegar than honey! Yes, that's right—they prefer vinegar over honey, and a video lesson explains why. It describes the chemical components of the food fruit flies prefer, and the results may surprise pupils.
- Add a lab investigation to research the claims in the video
- Have learners record three interesting facts as they view the lesson to use in a discussion that follows
- Expects an understanding of pH levels
- Includes diagrams and images to support the chemical explanations
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout