This How Do Muscles Get the Energy They Need for Athletic Activity? activity & project also includes:
Every muscle movement requires energy, but where does that energy come from? Scholars answer this question and more as they complete a worksheet. By following the directions, completing research, and discussing it as a class, they begin to understand the complex process bodies use to get energy to muscles.
- Research the different caloric and protein requirements for Olympic athletes by sport
- Invite a sports nutritionist to speak to the class
- Relies on prior knowledge of ATP and cellular respiration
- Links to an extension activity as well as related learning activities
- Includes teacher tips for implementing the lesson