This How Do Executive Orders Work? video also includes:
What is an executive order? Why was it created? How does it differ for other tools available to the executive branch of the government? Introduce the concept with a short video that outlines the what, when, and why of the executive orders.
4 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research executive orders, presidential memoranda, presidential determinations, and presidential decrees and present their findings to the class
- Ask groups to research an executive order of a recent president, examine arguments for and against the order, and the impact of the order
- The video examines executive orders in a very general sense; use it to introduce a more in-depth study of the tool
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related materials, and a discussion question
- Lacks specifics that clarify the power and limitations in the tool