This How Do Crystals Work? video also includes:
What do amazonite, heliotrope, carnelian, and diamonds have in common? There are all crystals and members of one of the six crystal families. Viewers of a fascinating short video learn about the molecular structure of crystals that cause them to grow into the same shape time after time.
- Have a variety of crystals, nodules, and geodes on hand for class members to examine
- Invite a gemologist to speak with the class
- Select videos from the linked webpage to extend the lesson
- Have class members grow their own crystals
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, and a link to a related resource
- Animations illustrate why the bond to produce a particular shape