This How Do Biological Organisms Use Energy? activity & project also includes:
When an organism eats, how does food become energy? Young biologists follow glucose through the process of cellular respiration to the creation of ADP using a discussion-based activity. The resource also highlights conservation of mass and energy.
- Break students into groups and have them work through the handout together, then discuss
- Ask pupils to research how much energy biological processes such as active transport in human cells require
- Learners should understand the basic principles of conservation of mass and energy and have some prior knowledge of cellular respiration
- Participants work with the information in a simplified form, which allows you to build on a solid foundation as the class progresses
- The worksheet is easy to follow and very informative