This How Did Dracula Become the World's Most Famous Vampire? video also includes:
What has copyright law have to do with the Dracula, the most famous vampire in history? Check out the twisted tale of how a fight over the royalty rights to Bram Stoker's novel gave immortality to the blood sucker.
28 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have class members watch the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links out of class before returning for a full class discussion
- Encourage groups to investigate the aspects of copyright law referred to in the video
- The focus of the video is the novel's fame, rather on exploring the various aspects of vampire mythology
- The 1922 silent film Nosferatu, referenced in the video, is available from YouTube
- Links to additional resources permit those interested to explore more about vampire folklore, vampire hunting, and vampire representation in film