Seeing is believing! But, how can something as tiny as an atom be made visible? Explore the history of the atom with a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. Content includes early concepts of the atom, as well as new technologies that allow us to observe bonds between atoms breaking during chemical reactions.
- Find pictures of atoms to show after the video
- Expand upon the lesson by letting learners use a virtual SEM to scan a sample of bone in this interactive
- Content is perfect for chemists with a very basic knowledge of the atom
- Fascinating images of atoms and molecules make the video engaging
- The narrator uses great examples to convey the size of an atom