Flat, positively curved, or negatively curved ... what is the true shape of the universe? Scientists use many indirect measurements to base their theories on the shape of the universe. Using an installment from the SciShow Space series, viewers learn how triangles and density led researchers to decisions about the structure of the universe.
- Ask pupils to create their own theories on the shape of the universe using evidence from the video as support
- After viewing the video, have learners create a list of three interesting facts to use during a class discussion
- Expects knowledge of the properties of triangles
- Includes links to additional resources for further study
- Offers an option for subtitles to support new vocabulary