This How Can Nanoparticles Move from Land to Ocean? lesson plan also includes:
- Student Worksheet: Runoff Lab
- Student Worksheet: Runoff Lab Answers
- Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms?
- Student Worksheet: Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms?
- Student Worksheet: Can Small Pollutants Harm Aquatic Organisms? Answers
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate the migration of the nanoparticle from land to water! A lab investigation asks budding scientists to simulate runoff. Testing water samples before and after the simulation leads individuals to make conclusions about pollution based on real data. The instructional activity is the first in a two-part series.
- Have learners compile a list of pollutants they might find in local waterways
- Review safety precautions for working with chemicals
- Allow time to prepare lab materials prior to the activity
- Provides student handouts and answer keys
- Includes background information for both teachers and pupils