Do our vehicles really contribute to global warming? In part five of an eight-video series, pupils learn the mechanisms by which car emissions turn into greenhouse gases. Through animation, the class sees how the natural greenhouse effect is being augmented through burning fossil fuels, and to a lesser extent, agriculture.
- Prior to watching the video, have the class brainstorm ideas about causes of global warming
- Have partners pick a topic from the lesson and make posters to display around the school
- Assumes some prior knowledge of chemical equations and predicting reaction products
- The narrator offers links to other videos in the series to help fill in any gaps in understanding
- Shows chemical formulas and equations throughout to reinforce that aspect of the problem