The sun and the moon have very different sizes but appear roughly the same size in the sky. An interesting video lesson discusses the reason behind this fact through by analyzing scale. The video instructor expands the lesson by comparing the scale of different planets and their moons.
- Create a scale model of the solar system with each planet and their moon(s)
- After the viewing the video, have your class write down five facts they remember; create a list as a class
- If assigning the video as homework, learners need Internet access
- Fast pace holds individuals' attention throughout the lesson
- Presents mathematical evidence to support the science