Understanding classification takes a little imagination! Show your biology class why it is important to keep things organized using a simple video that is part of the Fuse School Evolution playlist. Topics covered include the creator of our classification system, how organisms are arranged in different levels of classification, and mnemonic devices to help remember the levels in order.
- Open day one of your classification unit with the video
- Show an example of a well-known animal, then give its full classification from least specific to most specific
- The resource is designed to be an introduction to the classification system and is appropriate for beginning biology classes
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Narrator provides a great explanation of the theories of how and why major changes in organisms occur
- The content is organized and presented clearly