In mid-July, most are thankful for the chemistry of air conditioning. Learn how those chemical processes create the cool air that makes those hot summer months more manageable! A lesson installment describes how an air conditioner uses chemicals to create a series of phase changes that cool hot air.
- Use snapshots of images from the video to create a notes document
- Have learners compare the advantages and disadvantages of different chemical refrigerants
- Knowledge of motors and compressors is helpful
- Emphasizes the chemical significance of the air-conditioning process
- Provides links to resources to continue studying the topic