Is it possible for a nation to buy an ally? Scholars research the growing relationship between African nations and one of the largest superpowers on the planet, China. Viewing a short video, they discuss how different nations in Africa are switching their allegiance away from the United States. The video creates understanding of the global shift of power, money, and trade over the past 40 years.
- Create a series of questions for viewers to answer while watching the video
- Extend the lesson with a reading on the China/Africa trade alliance
- Ensure students have Internet access if implementing the lesson as a flipped classroom
- Resource provides detailed statistics and factual information for teacher use and planning
- Contains audio, video, and closed captioning for differentiated instruction