Heart disease causes more deaths in both men and women in the United States than any other factor, buy many people don't fully understand what causes a heart attack. A brief animation demonstrates the slow buildup of plaque, a blockage in an artery, and the resulting heart attack.
- Invite a cardiologist to speak to the class about heart health
- Discuss the role of both nutrition and exercise in preventing heart attacks
- Relies on prior knowledge of arteries, blood vessels, and fat
- Links to other science videos for extending learning
- Provides a full transcript for ease of note taking