This House Plan assessment also includes:
A short assessment has individuals determine the scale of a house plan. They use the scale to calculate the size of a door and window that need to be replaced, and then divide a bedroom in two, calculating the size of rooms created.
9 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide instruction on how to compute with complex fractions
- Lead a discussion on precision in measurement
- Individuals will need rulers marked in 32nds
- Answer key shows the complex fractions required to arrive at the solutions
- Diagram provides several ways to determine the scale factor