This Hot Air Balloon activity & project also includes:
It is more than just blowing hot air. Pupils first build a hot air balloon out of tissue paper by cutting enough panels of tissue paper to form a balloon shape and glue the panels together. Using a hot air gun, individuals then inflate the balloons and let them sail into the sky.
- Construct the balloon over a couple of days, giving the glue time to dry
- Provide a lesson on densities of air at different temperatures
- Use of a hot air gun may cause burns or catch the tissue paper on fire if the nozzle contacts the skin or the paper
- Provides background information on why hot air balloons work
- Includes a template to use for making the balloon