This Horizontal Translations or Phase Shifts: Horizontal and Vertical Translations interactive also includes:
It is all about the shift. Pupils translate the graph of a cubic function to different marked locations on the plane and determine the new equation that represents the shifts. The activity is designed to encourage individuals begin to think about functional stretches.
- Lead a discussion on whether the pattern remains the same for all functions
- Incorporate HSF-BF.B.3 into the instruction
- Need to sign up for a free account to get a login
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Displays the correct response if the wrong one is selected
- The problems highlight common misconceptions