This Hopi Traditional Dance and Song lesson plan also includes:
Very few outsiders get to see the Hopi "Butterfly Dance." However, using approved footage from the tribe, class members consider the importance of symbols in Hopi culture by watching the dance and analyzing lyrics from its songs. Extension activities include analyzing songs that have important symbolic value in popular culture.
- Analyze the role of symbols in Hopi culture using the included activities
- Apply learning to elements of popular culture
- Part of a series of lessons on Hopi culture and history
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Visuals are stimulating and engaging
- Resource applies learning to a relatable context