This Hoop Glider activity & project also includes:
Fly into an engineering lesson sure to get your scholars' interest off the ground. Young pupils create hoop gliders out of straws and paper hoops. Adjusting the size and number of the hoops lets them investigate the effect on flight distance.
7 Views 6 Downloads
- Have a contest to see whose glider travels the farthest or stays in the air the longest
- Get learners to research different types of wings in a journal entry
- Activity requires some basic materials; see the complete list in the resource
- Provides a description of the engineering connections
- Very little instructional value