This Homeostasis, Negative Feedback, and Positive Feedback lesson plan also includes:
So many bodily activities depend on homeostasis! Give learners a solid background to understand the basic process of the human body. Scholars first examine negative feedback loops contributing to body temperature regulation and then a positive feedback loop resulting in blood clotting. The activity also considers a failure of the system by looking at glucose levels and diabetes.
- Have learners answer questions individually, then form small groups to discuss answers and create a consensus as a group
- Ask pupils to create graphic organizers with new terms to record definitions and illustrations
- Expects a basic understanding of the concept of homeostasis
- Includes a teaching guide with valuable tips to help plan for instruction
- Provides a link to an additional activity on the same topic