Package design is a mathematical task for any business. Young scholars use a package design to determine the number of packages required for specific shipments. Using ratios, proportions, and fractions, they make decisions about the best methods of packaging and shipping different numbers of items.
- Use as a performance task during a unit on ratios and proportions
- Have pupils use manipulatives to help students explore the task
- Requires proficiency using ratios to problem solve
- Encourages higher order thinking while working on a real-life application
- Adaptable to a collaborative activity