This High School–Module 2: Circular Economy and Nature lesson plan also includes:
Everyone's heard the popular slogan reduce, reuse, recycle, but there may be a better way to talk about sustainability. Using the second lesson from the five-part WE Are Innovators—High School Modules series, learners explore issues affecting the environment. Pupils read informative articles, watch videos, and engage in discussion to get a better grasp of the topic. Finally, they create innovative ways to approach a chosen environmental issue, such as water or air pollution.
- Challenge small groups to create an original slogan to teach others about responsible consumerism
- Invite individuals to seek volunteer opportunities with a community organization that is working to protect natural resources
- Requires a computer with speakers and Internet access
- Lesson plan is effectively organized with notes, guiding questions, and an educator planning form
- Includes optional enrichment activities