This High School–Module 1: Sustainable Innovation lesson plan also includes:
What does it mean to have an innovative mindset? Pupils think outside the box with the first of five lessons from the WE Are Innovators—High School Modules set. Scholars read articles and watch videos about sustainable innovation, such as people developing environmentally friendly paints. Next, they use their creativity and problem-solving skills to address a challenging issue, like deforestation or preserving natural resources.
- Challenge individuals to research an organization that is developing innovative solutions to an environmental concern
- Requires chart paper, a computer, Internet access, and speakers
- Set up the classroom for a carousel activity prior to lesson implementation
- Includes interesting handouts in the appendix
- Provides supportive educator and student planning forms