This Hiding Behind the Mask lesson plan also includes:
Microchips are a man-made wonder. Investigate the manufacturing wonder with a hands-on inquiry-based lesson. Scholars simulate the process of pattern transfer using photoresist. Their conclusion identifies how their process replicates the process of microchip engraving.
- Encourage learners to develop unique designs for etching
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for preparation
- Expects an understanding of semiconductors
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help facilitate the lesson
- Provides photos to help explain the expectations of the lab experiment