This Hey, King: Get Off Our Backs! lesson plan also includes:
Young historians explore the reason American colonists were unhappy under British rule. Class members complete hands-on activities and participate in a group discussions to understand why colonists drafted the Declaration of Independence.
15 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners create propaganda posters promoting the colonists' interests
- Guide pupils to research a leader of the American Revolution in more depth
- Requires a free iCivics account to access the lesson material
- The lesson provides all the needed materials
- Unit includes differentiated instruction activities to enhance learning