This Hexagon Inscribed Within a Circle video also includes:
Mark off the length of the radius around the circle. Using a compass, the presenter shows how to construct a regular hexagon in a circle. Pupils see how triangles formed in the hexagon are equilateral, allowing for the construction to happen.
4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Review the measures of interior angles of a hexagon and how to determine the triangles are equilateral
- Individuals need to have a compass and straightedge
- Class members should know how to measure a distance using a compass
- Provides an explanation of what to look for if the construction is not the same
- Includes opportunities to practice