This Help Wanted! Physicist unit also includes:
Groups discover physics as they take an assigned scenario, perform research about different aspects of the subject matter, and present their findings to the class. From the presentations, learners must develop and support a point of view about the physics topic to determine if they support congressional funding for it and document their answers in a newsletter.
- Have learners research special interest lobby groups to see which ones are tied to physics or other scientific areas
- You may need to adjust time requirements based on length of class periods, levels of pupils, and length of presentations
- Unit is appropriate for 8th, 9th, and 10th graders as well
- Project nine in a series of 10 STEM lessons
- Unit provides differentiated instructional tips
- Lessons incorporate technology through the use of multimedia and apps