Height is dependent on weight—or is it the other way around? Given data from a physicians handbook, individuals compare the height and weight of males and females at different areas. They calculate differences and ratios to assist with identifying patterns.
- Use a spreadsheet to make quick calculations and allow adequate time for analysis
- Collect data from your school and compare results to the data in the table
- Expects some experience with data tables and calculating ratios
- Adaptable to different grade levels and learning goals
- Use real data for analysis