This Heating and Cooling of the Earth's Surface lesson plan also includes:
Scholars collect data from heating sand and water before forming testable hypotheses about why sand heats up faster. Afterward, they develop and run experiments to test their hypotheses.
6 Views 2 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Because there are several possible objectives, lead a discussion prior to the experiment outlining the intended outcome
- Requires several materials to test
- Assumes class members are familiar with graphing with a scatter plot
- Includes teacher background information
- Provides data sheets and graph paper