This Heat Engines, Refrigerators, and Cycles: Crash Course Engineering #11 video also includes:
If you want, watch the video over and over again. The 11th installment of the Crash Course Engineering series focuses on cycles and repetition. It first reviews how heat engines work and applies the idea to heat pumps. It then explains how refrigerators work using the same concept.
- If available, have the class look at the back of a refrigerator to see its setup
- Pupils should be familiar with heat engines from the previous video
- Knowledge of phase diagrams is helpful but not necessary
- Diagrams and visual aids help with understanding
- Explanations are easy to follow